Founded September 2016 as a full-service telecommunications, engineering, and construction company, Capital Telecom Services, LLC. (CTS) handles most wireless projects from inception to completion. The CTS team delivers professional engineering and construction services to large wireless providers, wireless support organizations, general contractors, and enterprises world-wide.
Title: DAS Tech I
This is an entry level hands-on role implementing wireless infrastructure for Distributed Antenna Systems, Small Cell networks, WLAN networks and other technologies. The successful candidate will show the capacity to take direction, seek direction, work independently and as a team member. Quality execution in this current role, as well as the capacity to grow with the company and take on increasing levels of responsibility are both valued in this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Installation, termination of coaxial cable
- Installation of fiber optic cable
- Detailed communication to team members concerning Safety and job progress
- Quality Control – Maintaining Company and Customer Quality standards
- Assist with fiber and coax cable testing
- Ensuring Safety Management policies are rigorously adhered to
- Completion of required Safety and Technical training
- Load, unload, stage, and inventory company/customer assets and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree required
- Strong customer support focus
- Ability to work well within assigned team
- Detail oriented
- Basic Electrical knowledge including open/closed circuits, grounding etc.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, work on scissor lifts and catwalks
- Availability to work beyond normal business hours during critical project phases and deadlines
- Candidate must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a security background check
- Reliable transportation to and from the office or jobsite as required
- Familiarity and experience using basic hand tools and measuring devices
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Industry specific vocational training
- Fiber optic training from one of the major fiber optic equipment manufacturers
- Fusion splicing experience, or ability to learn
- Experiencing performing OTDR measurements for fiber cable
- Experience with Wireless Carrier installation standards
While performing duties of the job, Technicians will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; bend; stoop; kneel; climb; pull; push; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. They will also frequently be required to lift a minimum of 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment usually moderate but can become heavy or high depending on the equipment being used at the work site. Calculate figures and amounts. Climb and work on ladders at varying heights. Ability to distinguish colors. Operate scissor and/or boom lifts.
Participation in Capital Telecom Service’s 401-K plan begins the first of the month after the initial ninety (90) days of employment.
Capital Telecom Services proudly promotes from within the company. We encourage and promote upward mobility within the organizations for a rewarding career!
Health Insurance Premium:
A health insurance premium will be included in this compensation package, which the employee will pay half of the policy after initial (30) days of employment.
PTO / Holidays / Sick time:
This position is entitled to two weeks’ vacation time per year during each year. Capital Telecom Services provides for 6 paid holidays. All benefits are available after 30 days of employment.
|Job Category||Field Operations|